Thursday, November 28, 2013

More pieces ready for Jan. Show

   For the past several months, I have been preparing work for a  show at the Meyer Gallery in Park City, UT, opening Jan. 3rd.  Below are some of the pieces done for show.  Two of the pieces are diptychs.  The other is another multipanel painting.  You'll notice a little change in the two hands, previously seen on the last blog post.  Went back into them, partly because I heard from more than one person that the item in one of the hands looks like a chocolate chip cookie!  I hope it's clearer now.
 "Old Friends", each panel 12" X 24" Oil on board
These two people are friends whom I and my husband admire.  They are both in their late 80s or early 90s, accomplished people yet now "wounded birds" as they refer to themselves.  Despite their disabilities related to age (hearing, sight and balance problems), they are always gracious towards others and interesting in conversation.  They are my models in life and in art.

 "On the one hand, on the other...", each panel 10" X 14", Oil on board

"That's nice, dear", Multipanel on grid, 43" X 39", Oil on board



No comments: